It is quite possible to create a sarong from a fouta using the appropriate folding technique. Here's how:
- Unfold your fouta and lay it flat on a flat surface.
- Fold the fouta in half lengthwise, matching the two opposite edges.
- Fold the fouta in half again, this time widthwise.
- Place the folded fouta behind your back, making sure that the two ends cross at the front of your body.
- Bring the two ends of the scarf over your opposite shoulder, crossing them at the front of your body.
- Tie a knot with both ends over your shoulder, making sure the pareo fits snugly around your body.
And There you go ! You have transformed your fouta into an elegant and practical sarong. Now you can wear it to the beach, to the pool or even as a casual outfit on hot summer days.